Our beautiful little girl is finally here! On Friday, March 20th my water broke at home. By 11:30 a.m. we were admitted to labor and delivery and praying for the natural delivery we had wanted so badly. But that wasn't in God's nor Ava's plans! My fantastic midwife let me try to make as much progress as I could safely with out pitoicin but after six hours it was clear that she was going to have to give me something to get the contractions and dilation going. I had tryed all of the natural tricks walking, changing positions, bouncing and swaying on a labor ball, etc. So I was given pitoicin and it got things going for a bit but then the contractions would hit a plateau and I wouldn't make any progress. We repeated this cycle several times until my body could go no further and I needed an epidural. That occurred after about 14 hours of laboring, about 7 of them strong labor. I never could have made it that far if I didn't have my fantastic husband and wonderful cousin Jenn supporting me and coaching me through the worst of the pain. Around 6:00 a.m. on the 21st we knew this little angel was not coming on her own and a c-section would be necessary. So I was prepped for that, my midwife notified the Dr. she practices with, and everything was set up to go. The c-section was performed and Ava was born at 8:27 a.m. weighing 7lbs 9oz and 19 inches longs. She is certainly the most beautiful baby I have ever seen, she is a breath of heaven. Her daddy and I love her so very much and think that she is the perfect baby! She is breast feeding and sleeping so well, we just couldn't possibly be more proud!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment