38 weeks, holy moly! We are almost at the finish line. Ava is full term and has dropped, just ask my bladder! Her lungs and brain will continue to mature but she is fully cooked and ready to bless the world with her arrival!
I started my "maternity leave", otherwise known as " I had to use all of my sick and personal leave and then file for short term disability because Brevard County Schools blow and don't give there employees any maternity leave", on Monday. I also had my weekly appointment with Lila on Monday. I didn't make any progress from last weeks visit so I am still 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced. Looks like she is going to come close to her due date, March 14th. We were gifted with another shower this past Saturday and received some more baby goodies. We have been unbelievably blessed and are so thankful!
Ava's nursery is almost ready. There is one butterfly left to paint and a few things need to find a home in her cram packed closet. I will try to post pictures tomorrow. Because it will be finished today/tonight. I want it done before she gets here!
So now we wait. We are praying for a natural, healthy labor and delivery and can't wait to see the face behind the bump!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment