Ava is 18 days old today! Her two week Ped's appointment was rescheduled for next Tuesday so I don't have her new stats for you yet but she sure is growing! Her little newborn diapers are starting to fit more snugly and her long legs don't look quite so long. She is such a sweet baby and loves to nap on Mommy, Daddy, or one of her countless visitors chest. In fact it's becoming a bad habit of hers and now she doesn't want to nap in her crib during the day. Yesterday she found out just how stubborn her Momma is. We went round and round because I was determined to get her to nap in that crib. After about 3 rounds of me lying her down, her crying, me consoling her and then lying her down again I finally won. Now mind you this process took half the day and I was still in p.j.'s, a ponytail, and unbrushed teeth at 3:30 but I think that single accomplishment was worth it!
Ryan went back to work last Friday. We miss having him home but I am grateful for the two weeks he was able to spend with us. I am fortunate enough to have the remainder of the school year and the summer to stay home with our Peanut. I am still hoping and praying that some opportunity will present it self and allow me to be a stay at home mom next year, I just can't imagine leaving her. It's something I've dreaded since before she was born.
p.s. Ava is napping in her crib right now! 2 points for Mommy, yes!!
1 comment:
You should try the sling. It will help you get stuff done at least. My Moby Wrap has been my salvation the past two days. I even nurse Aiden in it. I've also had him napping in his bouncer too. Sometimes he'll go to sleep in his bassinet, but he hasn't slept in his crib yet. I'm too nervous to leave him in there even with the monitor at this point. Good thing that you're winning the battle.
I think at this point Aiden is having his growth spurt so I have to carry him all the time.
Post a Comment