
Dear Ava,
Nine days ago you became a big sister. It's hard to believe that "MY BABY" is now a big sister. But like Daddy says, you will always be my baby girl. My heart aches with pride and pounds with love for you my little sprite! I am so proud of you and all that you are. I love watching you be-bop around the house, spinning in circles with one arm out, so busy with life that you continuously forget to look up when walking and are always running into the walls. I love your love for books and reading. And oh baby girl how I love the way you love me; deeply, madly, and completely. Mommy loves you just the same.
Some days I want to push pause or rewind and slow you down because you are growing so fast. And other days I can't wait for the day you can say "I love you too", or play dress up, or have pajama parties with your little friends so I can pop you popcorn on the stove and paint 3 sets of fingers and toes in the perfect shade of ballerina pink! But I suspect those days will come sooner then I'd like. So for now little one I will relish every silly animal noise, every little pitter patter path I hear you make as you tear down the hall way, every sweet good morning snuggle, and each and every perfect toddler moment you have to offer. Because they will be gone entirely too soon.
As you begin this journey of being a big sister, I want you to know how special you are. You have already opened your heart to welcome baby Grady into our home. Yesterday you brought him his blanky and today you gave him a gentle kiss. Mommy is so very proud of you and is so excited about the special love you and Grady will share. Daddy and I will always be here to help put out the fires that will arise through the years, but I know you two will be best buds. So my sweet Peanut, though your world has been greatly changed, one thing will always remain the same. Our love for you. That and you'll always be the first born.........;) Just like your Daddy and I!
All my love, for all my days
Mommy
2 comments:
Way to make me cry. That is so beautiful and very well said. I think I will steal it and insert boy and Aiden in the appropriate places, J/K.
Yah, I was a blubbering mess when I wrote it last night. ;)
Post a Comment