Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Things have been kind of crazy in the Lightsey household, as I am sure you can imagine. Going back to work has been as hard as I knew it would be. Ava went on a eating strike and has only been taking a few ounces a day....stressing both her Mommy and Daddy out. She is doing better this week and actually did very well today. She even held her own bottles, she is such a big girl! She has also discovered her tongue and learned how to blow raspberries.

Daddy put together her high chair this weekend. As you know she has been "practicing" with a spoon and watching us eat with great intent. So we thought it was about time to introduce rice cereal. Night 1 she wasn't so sure about it. We got some great funny face pictures that I will post this weekend when I have time to upload them. Night 2 she loved it and I couldn't get it in her mouth fast enough! She makes the cutest little happy grunting noises when she is eating! She loves food just like her Momma!

Tomorrow my kiddos start. I am hoping that I can keep up with them all day and still have enough in me to come home and enjoy my precious girl at the end of the day. Hard to do on the little bit of sleep I'm getting, with Ava up all night making up for the feedings she is missing during the day! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Alex said...

Wow! I can't believe Ava is already eating Rice Cereal. It's great that she likes it. These kids are growing up way to fast. In a way I'm glad that I have to wait intil 6 months because that keeps Aiden "little" for a while longer. I think that if I tried he would be into it though.