Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sad Goodbye's


So our biggie girl is just getting bigger, and her mommy is not in love with that. We bid farewell to two dear friends this week/weekend.....her crib and extended rear facing in her car seat.

The saga began when Daddy went out of town for work. That very same morning I walked into Ava's room to pluck my little sunshine from the safety of her crib, only to find her scaling the rail, seconds from escaping successfully or plummeting to the hard wood laminate floor. I instantly pictured myself loading up both babies in the freezing cold, at 2 a.m., by myself to take my monkey child to the e.r. after repeating this event unsuccessfully. No thank you. So I took that crib apart. BY MYSELF, with no former knowledge of how to disassemble a crib. Ten days, a crib mattress on the floor, a futon mattress on the floor, and a lot of napless days later, Daddy was home and her big girl bed was built. So now my sweet Peanut is in a twin size bed, seriously this baby that I just gave birth to is sleeping in the same size bed as big kids. But she's not a big kid, in fact, I'm kinda diggin the big girl bed cuz she looks like a tiny peanut in it!

As for the car seat, I am a strong supporter of extended rear facing. If you need more info go to Youtube and watch a few videos, you to will become a supporter. However, Ava's car seat maxes out at 30lbs for e.r.f. (I originally thought it was 35) and with our biggie girl weighing in at 29lbs the time was now. So forward facing she is. Yet another move Mommy wasn't quite ready for. But what's a mom to do? It is what it it, they grow to fast. Period. The end.

No comments: