Wednesday, November 24, 2010

20 Months

She asked me to take this pic. No really, she did...."baby, cheese"?
Eating her first donut!

Rockin her boots!

So stylish!

She's a pro with a spoon!



This month we celebrated 20 months of the most amazing little girl I know! Only 4 more months until she's 2! She is growing in leaps and bounds now.....and I don't for see her slowing down anytime soon! Our biggie girl has now gone pee-pee in the potty 5 times! I think if I remembered to put her on the potty through out the day she'd probably go quite frequently. I need to slap some post-it's up around the house to instruct me to do so! Oh, and by the way we finally moved on from size 4 diapers which she's been wearing for quite a long time. Size 5's are so big, they look like depends! Yikes!
Her language is really picking up, as she can say just about anything you ask her to. She cracks us up with her "no-no's" as she says it as if she is thinking "no thanks, I'd really rather not". Just a few of the many things she says now: eat, food, juice (she calls everything juice), baby, shake -shake (as in shake your booty), bath, shoes, pants, most of the characters names from Mickey Mouse Club House, Elmo, blue, pink, toes, boo-boo, ouch, snack, chair, hi, bye, choo-choo, every animal noise under the sun, outside, inside, and a ton more! She is quite the motor mouth!
Last week she began cutting her two year molars. What a fun week that was! She was in full Captain Cranky Pants mode and was just absolutely miserable. There were a lot of tears shed by both Ava and Mommy! She woke up in a bad mood every morning, didn't want to eat, had a fever for 3 days, had a melt down if you talked to her and melt down if you didn't talk to her....are you feeling sorry for me yet? Lol! But thankfully this week she has been in a much better mood. One molar seems to be about in and the other is poking along a bit slower.
Ava loves to dance, and can shake her booty with the best of them!
She loves Mickey Mouse Club House and can identify all of the characters and name most. Even Pete, who is apparently a cat! Who knew? I just recently introduced her to Sesame Street, and she super loves Elmo! But SS is an hour long, so we watch an episode over a couple of days, as Mommy is not a giant fan of t.v. for toddlers but it does help me get meals on the table! She loves her newly fenced in backyard and the freedom to play with in it's boundaries. And we just recently filled her sand and water table with sand for the first time and she thinks that's pretty great! She has started singing along to songs on the radio, I love hearing her little squeaky voice coming from the back! And she has her mama's love for accessories....especially necklaces and boots!

It's just about time to start planning her 2nd birthday. I'm thinking Minnie Mouse... lots of pink, white, black, and polka dots! In Mickey's words "Oh, boy!"

No comments: