Friday, July 31, 2009

Dear Ava Grace,

Tomorrow morning our lives will be changing. Mommy will be going back to work. It makes me sad that I will be away from you for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. I want to spend every second of every day soaking up every ounce of the blessing that you are. You make Mommy so very happy. You are the most precious gift I have ever been given and I promise you will remain my number one priority. The love I have for you is deeper than the ocean and greater than all of the stars in the darkest night time sky.

While I am at work I am going to miss our lazy morning snuggles, watching your face light up as we say "Good morning to your puppies", Mommy Cuddle Time before naps, your beautiful smile, the way you look up at me when we have our talks, and so much more. I know that you and Daddy will have a great time together. The two of you will come up with your own games and activities, just like we did. I just wish I could be there for it too! The two of you are my whole heart and my reason for being.

Ava, I hope you know just how much Mommy loves you and how much it hurts me to be away from you. I am praying, and wishing, and hoping that God will ease us through this difficult transition. That He will give me courage and strength and that He will help me to be the best working Mom around.

Mommy loves you baby girl. So much it hurts.

My heart and soul always,
Mommy

1 comment:

Alex said...

You're making me cry left and right. I also hope and pray that you find the strength and that the time that you spend apart won't last too long.