Wednesday, January 28, 2009

33 weeks

This week Ava should be a little over four pounds. The bones in her skull are no longer fused, which will allow them to move and slightly overlap during birth. This explains that lovely cone head appearance a newborn may sport for the first few weeks of life. My appointment on Thursday went well and Lila says that she is head down, which I believe because of the intense lower back aches I've been having. Getting in an out of bed has become a chore, so has sleeping! I added another pillow to my collection, which brings me to a grand total of 6 and lately a heating pad too! A pregnant woman sure needs a lot of gear to get "comfortable" , if that's what you want to call it. And forget turning over in that fortress of pillows!

This Friday is our last birthing class. We have really enjoyed the class and have learned about a little bit of everything labor and child birth related. With all of the books, web sites, and classes offered I can't believe that anyone could go into child birth not knowing what to expect. I mean I know you don't know until you've been through it but there is no excuse for someone who says they weren't prepared. We are so lucky to have this information available to us all. I feel so blessed to be educated about what my body is going through, how my baby girl is growing, and my options for child birth.

No comments: