Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The time has come...

First vacation as a family of four, Savannah GA
Ava loved the boats on the water in historic Savannah
Playin on vaca in Savannah
Her boots & beloved Brown Doggie
Ava and Mommies bestie's babies....Austin, Ashley, & Alyssa
Oblivious to the fact that the last shuttle launch is happening right behind her
Manatee's Game
Fishin with Dadd
Funny face
Love's her Lyssa
Fathers Day 2011
Best buds, Tucker & Ava
Sweet Sister
So silly!
Dress up fun!

Dear Two and Half Year Old Ava,
The time has come and gone, it was always my intention to bring your blog to a close at the end of your second year. My thinking was that after 2, the milestones begin to slow down; giving your tired momma a brief moment in time to relax, enjoy, and live in the moment with you. But then 2 came, and it came fast. And the sweet little being that used to fit in the crook of my arm was now running, dancing, singing, and make believing. I couldn't bring myself to do it, it was as if I'd be admitting that MY time of having you all to myself was nearly half over. In just 3 short years I'll be packing your lunch and zipping up your back pack as you hurry off to Kindergarten! As I look at you today, you seem less and less like a toddler and more and more like a kid! I can deny it no longer, you are my big girl.
My dear big girl, in your short time you have brought me so much joy! I just love your free spirit and big heart. You love your stuffed animals; call them your friends and have to take 999 of them to bed with you every night. But Brown Doggie & Christmas Minnie are still your favorites. You have the best manners, always saying please and thank you and even throwing out the occasional"have a nice day". Your current obsessions include your mermaid collection & Disney Princess Sing Along cd's. The mermaids are never far from your hand and the cd plays endlessly while you, Bug, and I twirl around your bedroom floor. You know several phrases from each song, and I love listening to you singing softly (or VERY LOUDLY) while fluffing up your dress up dresses and brushing your hair just like Cinderella. You love pb& j and still require your morning banana and cup of milk, it's like your morning coffee. Our dogs Fenway and Presley have a giant piece of your heart and they love you greatly in return. You are a wonderful big sister to Grady, sharing with him your most prized possessions And oh my are you smart! You recognize colors and shapes, and are beginning to identify letters and letter sounds! You don't forget a thing! I just love the way your crafty, creative brain works!
The other day you crawled up into my lap, snuggled up close and said to me "Your my best friend momma", I'm going to hold on to this moment forever because I know how quickly you are going to be to big to fit in my lap and to old to think of me as your best friend. But I hope you will always snuggle me, always know how deeply I love and care for you, and always know that I am your Momma first and then your friend. My sweet first born, you are the baby who made me a momma, and to me you will always be "my baby girl".
All my love, for all my days,
Momma

No comments: