Yesterday, Ava visited her pediatrician for part of her two month vaccinations (yes, she is almost three months...Dr. Acosta wasn't happy with his scheduling staff when I pointed this out). She weighed in at a whopping 14 pounds and 2 ounces and measured 25 1/4 inches long. She is in the 97th percentile. I'm going to have to take back that pony I told her she could have if she promised not to grow to fast, clearly she is already defying her Momma!
So her shots went well. After lots of reading and research and soul searching I've decided to put her on an alternative shot schedule. She will receive all of the required vaccinations, just not in the mass dose schedule that American Academy of Pediatrics recommends. So yesterday she received two of the five vaccinations given at two months. She took'em like a champ and only cried for a bit. Of course that was partially because right after they took the needles out I popped the boob in her mouth. The boob fixes everything. Breastfeeding is truly amazing and convenient. She goes back in a couple of weeks for the remainder of her two month vaccinations. Maybe if she doesn't gain another 15 pounds I'll reconsider that pony!
And of course I can't post without a picture so above is a picture of Ava in the Moby wrap (with the color adjusted so you can't tell just how pale and makeupless I am). This thing is a mom's best friend. On the days when she just doesn't want to be put down we break out the Moby and Ava rides along with Mommy. My little helper!
No comments:
Post a Comment