Sunday, October 5, 2008

17 Weeks

This Saturday was my 17 week mark, in 3 weeks this Peanut is going to be par-boiled! Or half cooked for you non-cookers! I can't believe how fast time is passing. I'm still not packing on the pounds but the baby is! S/he is now the size of baked potato, weighing nearly five ounces and just over five inches long. Tell me how it is that I have yet to feel something the size of an Idaho potato moving around inside of my body? Over the next four weeks his/her weight will increase six times. Finger nails and toe nails are beginning to grow, this explains why newborns need their nails trimmed! I'm still intrigued by the fact that Peanut can hear us now. This weekend I looked for books I want to read while s/he is still in my belly. "On the Night You Were Born" by Nancy Tillman is first on my list. I saw it weeks ago at Target and cried my eyes out. So that will be first on my list of things to shop for after pay day this week!

No comments: